This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NatureMadeProbiotics #CollectiveBias
In a few weeks I’m going to be celebrating my 44th birthday. Celebrating? Yes! There are definitely times when I’m the oldest mom with her kids on the playground (and I have the creaky back to prove it!) So I might be older but what I don’t want is to feel old. I want to wake up with the energy everyday that I need to parent my four kids. I’m making little changes NOW that are going to make a big difference. It’s the “snowball effect”. One little change begets another on my way to a healthier life.
Moving More. Sitting Less
As a writer, I’ll admit that I tend to sit more than I should! One of my goals is to be moving more and sitting less.
- Stand when doing household chores. I stand when folding laundry and sorting socks.
- If you have trouble remembering to move, set your phone alarm to remind you. Even a 20 minute walk or an impromptu dance party helps!
- Can you walk instead of driving? Work in walking to the library or the store as part of your exercise for the day.
When I’m busy with my kids there are times when I forget to eat. Unfortunately that means the next time I sit down to eat, I’m ravenous and tend to overeat. And of course there are many side effects to overeating, from feeling bloated to weight gain.
- Eat off of a smaller plate to trick your mind into thinking you have more food.
- Take a look at proper serving sizes. Use a measuring cup to get an idea of sizing.
- Serve food in the kitchen and don’t return for seconds.
- Add twice as many vegetables as anything else on my plate.
Listening to My Body
Stopping and really listening to my body throughout the day helps keep me in check.
- Is my throat dry? I’m probably not drinking enough water.
- Am I stiff? Maybe I need to run through some stretches.
- Am I really hungry? Then why am I opening the fridge again?
- Am I tired? Why am I forcing myself to stay awake! I should get to bed earlier.
Taking a Daily Probiotic
Taking a daily probiotic is definitely one of those things that helps me to balance my gut health. I feel so much better when I’m taking one. And when I’m feeling better, I’m more motivated to make good choices. That’s the snowball effect of good, healthy choices. And for me, I start with Nature Made® Digestive Probiotics Adult Gummies.
Probiotics are the “good” bacteria that exists naturally in cultured or fermented foods (like yogurt and certain cheeses). Probiotics offer benefits for your digestive system by pushing out unwanted organisms. This allows more of the “good” bacteria to be present in your gut. And “good’ bacteria can help you feel better (remember the “snowball effect”? It’s real!)
I picked up Nature Made® Digestive Probiotics Adult Gummies at my local Walmart. As directed, I take two a day. I appreciate that Nature Made® is produced to the highest quality standards to ensure purity and safety.
Nature Made® Digestive Probiotics Adult Gummies have dual action probiotics plus energyǂ† B12 (ǂVitamin B12 supports cellular energy production.† †These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.)
And let’s be honest. Chewing an adult gummie is FUN! I look forward to taking my Nature Made® Probiotics Gummies, it’s like a little treat just for me!
In what little ways are you making a difference in your health? Is a probiotic part of your daily routine?