The little Mouseketeer is my third baby so she has three siblings in our blended family. With so many kiddos, we are always on the go and that means I’m often nursing her while out and about. As a nursing mom, I want to be able to modestly breastfeed my baby in public and not expose too much of myself. If I’m wearing a regular t-shirt, I have to hike up the tee revealing myself from waist to bra on one side! Nursing shirts can be expensive and why should I invest in buying new shirts when my pre-pregnancy shirts fit just fine?
Find Out How This One Tank Top Can Save You Money!
I loved hearing about Undercover Mama because it converts any shirt into a nursing shirt. This nifty nursing tank attaches at the top to your nursing bra as a sort-of nursing “undershirt”. There are two ways to attach, depending upon the nursing bra you have. You simply slip your regular shirt over the top of the Undercover Mama. When you’re ready to breastfeed, unhook your nursing bra as normal and the slip it down along with the top edge of the Undercover Mama, then pull up your regular shirt. The Undercover Mama conceals your sides and you can nurse discretely without any added exposure!
I received an Undercover Mama to review and chose navy blue as a good neutral that could be worn under my darker t-shirts. The Undercover Mama is $24.99 each but a “value bundle” in choices of basic black and white are two for $40. I appreciate the ease of how the Undercover Mama works and how discrete I can nurse the baby without exposing my entire hip and side. I wore my navy blue Undercover Mama for several weeks to test it and one day I noticed that the hook on one side had fallen off. I was able to easily contact the company and they sent me a new tank (in white). I’ve been wearing this white Undercover Mama several times a week for a few weeks and haven’t had any issues. In fact, I now wear it any time I know I’ll be nursing in public. I’d absolutely purchase Undercover Mama! (their polka dot version is pretty cute!)
What I Loved
- No more flashing my “love handles”!
- It was very easy to connect to my nursing bra.
- The variety of colors available.
- Can continue to wear with a regular bra as a layered tank after you are done nursing.
What I Didn’t Love
- Despite ordering based on the sizing chart, my shirt was still a bit snug. The website does say that the Undercover Mama is intended to fit snugly but because it seemed to be on the smaller side, my navy blue tank tended to roll and bunch up at the bottom. My replacement white tank was one size larger and it fit much better.
- I would have liked the fabric to be stretchier, especially around my hips.
- Wearing two layers (the Undercover Mama underneath my regular tee) is a little warm during hot weather.
Undercover Mama Giveaway!
Would you like to try Undercover Mama for yourself? The prize is for one 1 nursing tank in winner’s choice of size and color ($24.99 Value). Check out the website to see all the colors available!
This contest is open to US Residents only. I will randomly choose the winner and Undercover Mama will ship the prize in your color and size choice.